Russian Regions travelling tour
Fabbian has successfully taken part in a travelling tour across 15 Russian cities in two stages together with other Italian furniture manufacturers. The travelling tour was organised by Ms. Marina Baldassini of the DekortM agency with the aim of reaching the larger Russian cities, less open to communication but no less important from a business viewpoint and with fast-expanding development and interest in interior design. Major architectural firms were invited to the 15 events together with lighting and upmarket furnishing stores and all professionals interested in high-standard Made-in-Italy products.
The first stage of the seminar took place in late 2011 in the areas of the Volga, the Urals and western Siberia, more precisely the cities of Samara, Togliatti, Ekaterinburg, Tumen, Celiabinsk, Ufa, Kazan, N.Novgorod and Perm.
The stages of the second seminar took place in southern Russia: at Voronezh, Belgorod, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Krasnodar and Sochi.
The following topics were addressed:
- LEDs, innovative and cutting-edge technology light source
- Fabbian projects and installations with famous architects such as Karim Rashid, Simone Micheli, Francesco Lucchese and Patrizia Cappellini
- cooperation with companies in the upmarket furnishing sector such as the Fantoni Group
- achievements with famous lighting consulting companies, e.g., in the Etage restaurant project in Krasnogorsk (Russia) with the firm
- projects for which Fabbian is especially renowned: hotels, restaurants, offices, banks, showrooms and boutiques, fitness and wellness centres, museums and cultural installations
- projects for the Tile collection, such as the new works completed for the Municipality of Voronezh together with the firm, UNK of Moscow and for the Law Court of that same town, the vip lounge of the airline company, Cathay Pacific designed by architect, Norman Forster in the new Hong Kong airport, the Shemyaki Foundation at Samara (Russia) together with the firm T&T Arkitekturnaya Masterskraya, the Museum of the house in which Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia
- the new Fabbian 2011 collections such as Giunco by architect Marc Sadler and Spirito di Venezia by the Venetian designer Gian Paolo Canova.
The events were staged only in luxury hotels, where the Fabbian products Tile, Vicky, Beluga, Cubetto and DiamondSwirl were displayed and very much admired.